Saturday 12 October 2013

Week 11 - Pinterest

Here is my pinterest board for this week:

http://www.pinterest.com/nathanm88/cln647/


I decided to incorporate as much regarding youth popular culture as I could. This included music as well as popular culture that would appeal to slightly older audiences.

The majority of the pins however belong to The Hunger Games as I feel that the books and movies in this franchise is something that appeals to a larger age range. I tried to incorporate material from many age brackets, such as The Big Bang Theory for older viewers and Hannah Montana for younger viewers. However it was easier to focus on something with a wider appeal such as the Hunger Games.

Music was quite hard for me to choose despite being a big fan of music myself. When I started it I had the mindset that it would be easy to find music that is popular with younger audiences but struggled very early on. In the end I fell back on cliches like One Direction and Justin Bieber. I was tempted to incorporate less mainstream musicians as well, due to the response I got from my questions in the interview from last weeks blog post. However all those artists would have an appeal to adults as well so I decided not to include them as it would not accurately reflect music that is inherently popular with a younger audience.


No comments:

Post a Comment